Friday, February 20, 2009

Flashback Friday


I used to work at this A&W when I was in high school. I saw Kathy (owner's daughter) a few days ago and Doug is not planning on rebuilding. Doug lost his house as well and it's just too much right now. If and when he does rebuild it will not be at the same location. He figures the area won't be the same and A&W was such a landmark in the Ellis Park area.

She also said that they had been working on a party for Doug's birthday and also a church dinner the day before they were flooded. When they were finally able to get in and clean up there were 100s of pounds of onions everywhere. It was a horrible mess. Just another picture of the June, 2008 floods here in Cedar Rapids.

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

Wow, that is the first picture I have seen of that area. What devastation. My kids LOVED eating there. Praying for your before school situation. He is a BIG God, I know you already know that! :o)