Thursday, December 18, 2008

headaches, glasses and diapers

First off, the headache is gone. Yeah! I did take the day off work today and slept until I went back to the chiroprator this afternoon. Still groggy but I think I'll live. I've don't think I've had one this bad since before Andrew was born. I'm hoping the pattern isn't starting again.

We did manage to go pick up the boys' glasses this evening. Yes, I said boys. Aaron now has a brand new pair of first time glasses. As excited as he seemed to be the first thing he asked when we got home was if he could take them off. He says everything looks smaller. It was a chore to get him to put them back on so I could take a picture just for you guys. He's recently started really disliking getting his picture taken.



I was able to get him to lay next to Andrew for a little bit so we could compare. Andrew's are nothing special to look at. We had to go with a toddler size because his head is smaller due to the microcephaly. They are also much sturdier in the hopes that he won't destroy them. Andrew is extremely hard on glasses and he's also figured out how to get them off. There have been many times when trucking through the store that a passer by has rescued his glasses as he's about to drop them on the floor. That one finger makes an excellent hook.

The old ones also slid down his nose so it looked like he was trying to eat them for a snack. Very annoying.








Ahh, the posed pic. Now we're trying to be Annakin Skywalker from Star Wars. I occasionally need to remind Aaron that Annakin was the bad guy. lol









The Christmas tree is up and I love my fireplace. I've also got the picture I want over it ordered. It's Loren's gift to me. The camara doesn't do it justice.







And finally I had to share my diapers with you. Yes, I said diapers. I called to order more diapers for Andrew last Monday. Usually I get about 300 for the month. Well apparently, Medicaid (in all it's wisdom) has decided that Andrew needs at least 360 diapers to last 30 days (that's 12 diapers per day). But, they also want to ship more, so they are now shipping 3 months worth of diapers at a time. That's 9 cases or 1080 diapers. I'm glad we moved because they never would have fit at the other house. Here they are stacked in our elevator waiting to go down. By the way, Andrew generally uses about 6-8 diapers per day. I never understand what they are thinking.

Have an awesome day!!

3 comments:

Prachar family said...

I love the picture of them looking at each other! My boys love Anniken too! The bad guy thing didn't slow them down either! I was trying to figure out what room your diapers were in before I read the caption...I really want to see your house!! It looks beautiful all decorated for Christmas...and I've never been to anyone's house who had an elevator!!!

Micky Ashley said...

You have an elevator? That's cool! LOL We have the same (and the opposite) problem with storage with Jake & Katie's supplies. Opposite- they aren't sending enough diapers for Jake. We've run out AGAIN! (insert mad face) And the same... We have 6 CASES for Katie as well as about 40 CASES of pediasure! All in Jake's bedroom. We need to build on a room just for supplies!

Love the pic of the boys together!

Rob S said...

Depending on your supplier, you may be able to put some of the cases of diapers on hold.. i did that when i no longer needed them..in fact, that reminds me, i need to permanently close my account with J&B medical.. By the way, Molicare is an EXCELLENT choice of brands.. very high quality..I'm glad you get quality brands instead of cheap stuff thats usually the case with medicaid :). When dealing with incontiennce everyday, having the right stuff makes ALL the difference in the world :)