Sunday, December 21, 2008

Waiting....

So the question of the day: What do you do when there is a no school day because of the weather? What I do is stress, or try not to. So I'm sitting here with a bowl of Banana Nut oatmeal, praying that the last person on my list of 7 will call me back and say she can come watch Andrew tomorrow.

It doesn't help that Andrew only slept about 3 hours last night. I'm not sure what's up other than his g-tube site has been looking really wet and sore the last few days. I switched out the Mic-key last night in the hopes that would help. Anyway, I laid him down for a nap at about 11:30 and then left to go shopping at about 2:00. Loren called me at 5:30 wondering if he should wake him up. YES, please! So I'm sure he'll be up for a while yet. *sigh


Aaron had his piano recital on Friday. He played a very short version of "Away In a Manger" and did a very good job. Here's a picture of him with his piano teacher, Ms Alice. We love her, she is so great with him and he's excited to play the piano. I asked him on Friday what instument he'd choose for band next year and he thought he'd just stick with the piano. Please notice that he is smiling in this photo. It's the only one I got of him actually smiling. He's been looking so serious lately, which is not what he is like at all. In fact the kid has a temendous sense of humor as shown in the next picture.




Aaron spent about 45 minutes yesterday shoveling the sidewalk in front of our house. We've agreed that we'd pay him $3.00 each time he shovels the walk. It's somewhat of an incentive for him and a break for me. Anyway, at about 5:30 I opened the door and told him to take a look. This is reaction when he realized he entire sidewalk and front porch had drifted in. He is such a goof ball.

No comments: