Thursday, May 19, 2005

my hand in the pot

Last night was the final night of AWANA for the year. It's kind of bittersweet as I am giving up my role of Cubbies Director. But on the other hand it's a huge relief. I just can't handle that kind of commitment right now, I need to focus on my family. Every so often I hear sermons or talk on how we need to give of our time. I don't like that because I feel like they're trying to guilt me into giving my time. The only thing worse is when there is a guilt trip to tithe. I still want to be involved with Cubbies though. I just need to be careful that's its not because "I want my hand in the pot."

I want to be where God wants me to be, and right now I think that is with my family. But I also struggle because I want to be a part of a group where we can get together as friends. You know, where someone calls you up and says "hey, let's hit the mall, or a garage sale". I haven't found that at MOPS yet, probably cause I was never able to get there. Seemed like there was always an appointment or someone was sick. And then I always miss out on October but that's a big money making month for us. Bottom line is that I yearn for companionship. For more than my husband and kids. Just someone to go out for coffee with. (like I ever drink coffee anyway).

We did get a second planting of sweet corn in on Monday. Also started planting Indian Corn. Planted 3 hills of Prizewinner pumpkins. I'm hoping I can get a big one out of there. Will need to post a picture soon as the field fills up with flags.

No comments: