All of a sudden we go from having nothing to getting lots all at once, well kinda sorta I guess. Yesterday we got Andrew's Estim box and the IntelliKeys shipment. Today we got The Mercury.
So what's the purpose of all this? Communication and Independence
The Estim provides little shock reminders to the nerves in Andrew's hands and arms. The idea is that when he tries to reach for something or to use his hand the gentle shocks remind the brain what motion needs to be carried out to complete the action. For example, opening and closing his hand.
The Intellikeys is a computer keyboard which will open up the world for Andrew. Andrew does great on the computer at speech and school, now we get to do it at home too.
The Mercury will open the doors of communication. I can only imagine how it must be to want to say so much and not have any means of doing it. Now we get the chance to try it out.
Now this is going to be fun and I pray successful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment