Sunday, October 16, 2011

I'm late- sorry

It has come to my attention that I have been very neglectful of my blog. Which is really too bad because I was also using it as a way to document what was going on with me and the kids. So I suppose I should update- more for myself than for anybody else.

I'm not going to go backwards (at least not today) but rather just write about what's going on today. The big thing being my job. Which by the way I love love love. I do not like the politics at work at all. The politics make things stressful and cause me a lot of anxiety. But the group of individuals I am working with now are a blast and I "usually" look forward to going to work each day.

The problem? We have received notice that Linn County is needing to make extreme cutbacks because they just don't have the money to pay for them. Unfortunately, that is putting my job into extreme jeopardy. I can honestly say I don't know what is going to happen, but it isn't looking good.

So what now? After stewing in my anxiety for a couple of days I decided that I need to just take one day at a time. I am looking into my options for school, and we are tightening our belts here at home, but otherwise I'm just going to go to work and have fun. I'm sure my co-workers and I will still talk and have questions and pray that we can keep our jobs. But there are no gaurantees.

I do know though that I have a gaurantee in Christ. I've lived with the verse from Romans since Andrew was only 10 months old.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

I was listening to a sermon by our Pastor Brooks on Labor Day weekend and that verse just hit me between the eyes. We don't know why or how- but God does. And we may not know during this life time, but God does and that is what is important.

And I have to end with a picture. :)

This was taken last May when Andrew went to his friend Kloie's birthday party. They adore each other and they actually held hands themselves. Nobody helped them. Koie is really sick right now and can use some prayer, as can her family.

No comments: