Saturday, February 20, 2010

pajamas and the flower

 Andrew got pj's from my mom for Christmas. He needs the long pajamas because he gets so cold. And the fact that they are Transformers is an added bonus.

This toy was tucked away in a bin of stuff I had packed at the old house. I had honestly forgotten about it. I think I put it away because I didn't think it was "age appropriate". After all, Andrew is now 9 years old, surely he shouldn't be playing with a toy designed for an 18 month old

He loves this toy. There are three different settings all of which cause different sounds or music. Each "flower" does something different and all Andrew has to do is hit the flower and it plays. So I put some velcro on the bottom and stuck it to his tray. Ok, I am serious when I say this: the kid played with it non-stop for an hour. I finally had to shut it off to save my sanity. But I guess that anything Andrew can do for independent play is worth it.

1 comment:

Amy Flege said...

way to go andrew on the independent play!!! whatever works, right?