Saturday, February 13, 2010

Arkansas

We were finally able to take a trip to Arkansas over the New Year. I know that's been several weeks ago, but I figure a late post is better than no post. So, after 7 years we finally loaded up the boys and headed off. Andrew did exceptionally well. What would have been a 9 hour trip was actually 11 hours, oh well. But here are some pics and some info about our trip.

Mom and Chuck's house are full of antiques. It actually brought back that yearning for old times. Loren and I used to frequent auctions and like that "old stuff" and then we had Andrew, and well, he doesn't do to well outside at auctions. But I think we'll hit up few over the next year and see what we can come up with. My personal taste runs towards old brass. Loren likes old farm toys and guns.
So here Aaron and mom are measuring up because Aaron is growing so fast. But you can see some of the stuff in the background. Also, note the old organ Aaron is trying out below.
We were able to get out and about and actually see some things. Again, Andrew did very well, even at the Old War Eagle Mill. I thought he'd be very bothered by the sound of the mill but he did great.

We were also able to vist the Daisy BB Airgun Museum in Rogers. Loren and Aaron enjoyed this one. Aaron loves the movie "A Christmas Story" so it seemed to fit with the air rifle he got for Christmas.
We also got the oportunity to visit Pea Ridge National Military Park. It would be a great place to explore if it weren't so cold. Hopefully we can get back sometime when it is warmer.
Finally, we visited Turpentine Creek which is refuge for big "cats" that owners have not been able to handle. They are after all, not pets. I've got many pictures here but thought I would show my favorite.
He pulled all his feathers out because of stress.

No comments: