Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm Ruler of the World!!!




And I kick butt at Risk.

(Insert evil laugh here.... ya ha ha!!)



We finally had a family night at home. We need to expand our game collection. LOL I seriously hate checkers which Aaron enjoys. So we pulled out my old Risk game which Loren and I haven't played since before we got married 12 years ago. We used to play it all the time with my old roommate and various friends.

Anyway, it was time to teach Aaron, and since he loves to "battle" it seemed perfect. And after coaching him through the whole game and almost letting him win because I so badly wanted it to end, I saw my chance. Aaron took all but 4 of Loren's territories, I moved in for the kill and removed Loren from the board receiving all of his cards and 45 armies. The rest is history.

And no, I don't have any pictures because my camara is in the van from when I was "supposed to" take pictures of Aaron's first eye appointment on Saturday. Of course I didn't. And then I was just too lazy to go get it. Now I've thought about staging some pictures, of what the board looks like covered in red armies and Aaron's pleading face when he realized he wasn't going to get another turn.... because I am too good. But no, I won't do that. You'll just have to use your imagination.

Have an awesome day in the Lord (and pray that I can get at least another 1 1/2 hours of sleep because I am seriously sleep deprived and it is much to late to take a little "help me" pill because then I would be tired and cranky all day at work and I might fall asleep on the road while driving there (whew). I must also be the queen of run on sentences.

Laura



1 comment:

Prachar family said...

GO GIRL!!! We just got that game for our kids for Christmas...be watching for a similar post from me...I will likely lose several games until I can win one and post a blog like yours...with the photos though! LOVE it! Sorry you aren't sleeping, I am so crabby when I am tired, I'll pray for your family!