Saturday, June 19, 2010

the festival

A few weeks ago I decided that maybe we should try going to the Renaisance Festival down in the Amanas. Loren was busy in the fields and I tend to get that "shut in" feeling when I'm at home too much. Aaron wasn't too sure about it but then was glad he went. He says next year he wants to dress up. He also "suggested" that next year we get respite for Andrew.

The problem with needing respite for Andrew is that it makes it impossible to do anything spontaneously. So, Andrew gets to go along for the ride, like it or not. Which of course he did not like to go. He screamed for about the first 30 minutes we were there and then finally gave up figuring out that we weren't going to leave. And of course it was hot and muggy which did not help his temperment at all. He was pretty wilted by the time we left.
   
There were jugglers, and acrobats, and skits going on.
And knights showing off their "jousting" capabilities.

Aaron had fun trying out the archery range. Of course he will do anything with archery, shooting and rock climbing.
And he had to see how strong he was. I'd a taken better pictures but the battery in my camara was about dead.
And then there was the highlight of my day. They had a jail and you could take out a warrent for a persons arrest for $2.00. Aaron watched a boy as he was sentenced for his "crime". The boy had to put on a fairy outfit and then was lead by a leash throughout the festival shouting I'm a fairy princess. Aaron wanted to do that soooo badly, he was begging, which was extremely annoying to me.
So I took out a warrent for his arrest and he spent 15 minutes in jail.
And then it was time for the reading of the crime and sentencing. The crime was being an "extremely annoying child".
Aaron was then promptly put into the stockade and he thought that was all that
was all that would happen until...
he started to sing "row row your boat" and suddenly got drenched. I thought it was pretty funny.

No comments: