Yesterday, Aaron was reading Calvin and Hobbes in the van. This is what he reads to me:
Calvin: Dad, where do babies come from?
Calvin’s Dad: Most people just go to Sears, buy the assembly kit, and read the instructiions.
Calvin: I CAME FROM SEARS?!?!
Dad: No, you were a Blue Light Special at Kmart. Almost as good, and a lot cheaper.
Calvin: AAUUGHHH!
Calvin’s Mom: Dear, what are you telling him now?!
My response: I guess it's a good thing I didn't buy you at Kmart. It actually turned into a nice conversation about moms, kids and God.
We were on our way back from Aaron's "God and Family" workshop at Hillside Wesleyan Church in Cedar Rapids. During this workshop Aaron had to make a pizza with all the toppings about family, friends and their importance in his life. As he decorated his pizza box he named it "Cheeesus Chrust Pizza". Probably not as funny here as it was when he did it.
And to top it off, I am no longer "mama". I am now just plain old "mom". I've been informed by Aaron that he is much to old to be saying "mama". Hopefully he won't say the same thing about hugs and kisses for a while.
Have an awesome week.
Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hilarious! Love the name of his pizza! AND, I love the fish over the fireplace in the next post, absolutely beautiful!
Post a Comment