Had to share a little bit about Andrew. Since I made the last post I have changed how we feed Andrew. The kid needs some meat on his bones. Because of this we had gone to pretty much straight tube feedings last summer. Well that didn't work, the kids still skinny, skinny.
So I decided to see how Andrew would do eating orally; more than just the pudding we have been giving him. So starting last week I started pureeing what we are having for supper and sending it with him to school for lunch. The kid is gobbling it up. He gets more calories in that lunch than he does in a can of pediasure and enjoys it so much more. His teacher emailed me today saying how well he's been doing. So I'm going to keep trying to push it here at home as well. We have both been getting up a half hour earlier so I have time to feed him before school. Of course I can always fall back on the tube feeds and will continue to supplement a couple of cans a day. The big thing is to get a minimum of 1100 calories per day.
I also tried out the straw again. Andrew took a few swallows of hot chocolate before he decided it was too much work. I'm out of "Thick It" so have some on order at Walmart. I think he'll do better with that.
Also, Andrew's teacher sent home 3 more sight words so he's now up to 18 words. He is testing 100% with the 15 so of course he needs to learn more. He gets really excited when it's time to work on his flash cards. He smiles and likes to look at the word and then look away quick and then back. Guess he's making sure it's still there. (Wish I knew what is going on his head). He's also working on simple addition and seems to be doing well with that.
Have a blessed week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hi - I just discovered your blog (thanks to Travis - the Queen of blogging) and am excited to keep tabs on you and your family since I rarely get to talk with you anymore! You can check us out at: iowaandersonblog.blogspot.com with all your free time:)
Hi! I also just came across your blog, but have no idea how I got here :) I, too, have a little one with issues. Your son is just adorable! We, too, have the hamstring battles :(
Post a Comment