Our new neighbors brought over this beautiful plate of cookies in the afternoon. I was very secretly pleased because it meant I wouldn't have to bake that last batch of cookies that I had said I would do for church. I thought it would be a wonderful way of sharing the gift with others and also reducing my stress level a little bit.
Well, it wasn't to be. After rushing around and getting ready for church we arrived at 6:50 only to realize that services had started at 6pm. So, feeling like a total idiot I turned around and took the husband, kids and the cookies back home. I was also praying that they wouldn't miss the two plates of cookies that I had said I would bring.
My sister Cynthia arrived at about 11:30pm after a very long drive from Conneticut. We're so happy she made it safely.
We woke up Christmas morning and the boys got first dibs on gifts. Andrew was tickled with his car "Chick" from the movie Cars. He actually enjoyed racing it across his tray. Aaron was quite happy with his Transformer as well. At that point we decided we didn't have time for any more gifts as we were rushed to get to Loren's mom's by 11am.
I'm at a loss after that. Andrew started crying as soon as we pulled into the driveway. He was happy through dinner and then started screaming. I couldn't get him settled no matter what I tried so I finally took him into Grandma's bedroom and laid him on the bed. I stayed with him a little bit and then Cynthia and I took turns checking on him. And then at some point he fell out of the bed and still screaming. He's ok, but I just felt so discouraged.
Anyway, we made it home and opened the rest of our gifts. I've put a few pictures below of Andrew's happier moments.



No comments:
Post a Comment