My plans tonight were to finish getting the Christmas tree decorated, but with all the best made plans that too is not happening. Why? Because posting on my blog today is more important.
Aaron took a tumble off the retaining wall at Mark's on Thursday. Apparently the boys were thowing dirt clods at each other and Aaron was standing on the wall when he tried to dodge a clod. He fell backwards off a 4 foot wall and landed on his face. Fortunately they have been landscaping so he only ended up with a mouth full of mud. We are extremely grateful that the ground was soft and it wasn't concrete, or it could have been really bad. I did run him to the chiropracter this evening because he's been complaining that his jaw and ear hurt when he chews. I got the impression, though Dr. Mark didn't say so, that he thought we should have called and brought him in sooner. I hate to call a dr over the holidays though. Anyway, he jammed his jaw on the right side so is being treated for that.
Here are some scenes from this week.

This is the view of our first snowfall from our bedroom deck. This is actually one of my favorite places in the house. I spend more time here than I imagined I would (when it's warm). I stand and lean against the rail just listening to all the sounds in the quiet.

Who enjoys the snow more? Toby or Aaron?

I came home on Monday evening to find THIS waiting in Andrew's bedroom.


Andrew's bed is here. And I tell you what, I have not ever been so excited to see a piece of furniture in my life. Andrew was intially leary of it, but slept like a dream the first night. It's my height so no more bending over guard rails. The head and feet recline like a hospital bed which is awesome for his GERD. It's enclosed on all four sides so I don't have to worry about him falling out at all. And the guard rails are off so it's actually a twin size bed, not a twin reduced to a toddler because of the rails. It's just awesome (can you tell I like it?).

Andrew was able to bring his gait trainer home from school for the Thanksgiving weekend. We wanted to try it out at home on our new wood floors before we just went out and got one. It works pretty well and Andrew had fun (I wish he would take actual steps instead of pushing with his toes). I think though we're going to check into insurance and see if they can help. It's just staggering how expensive medical equipment is. For Andrew to stand upright and propel himself through the house... well, it's just expensive.
2 comments:
Wonderful! I completely understand your excitement over the specialty bed. It was such a fight for us to get Autumn's bed, but we LOVE it. Way to go Andrew in the gait trainer. He looks great :)
Jen
Yeah for a new bed! By the way the glimpses of your home are beautiful! The snow looks like fun, my kids would be so jealous!
Post a Comment